On Friday night in my synagogue here in Jerusalem, we expressed our love for this city by singing Lecha Dodi to the tune of Yerushalayim Shel Zahav, Jerusalem of Gold. Sunday is Yom Yerushalayim, Jerusalem Day, commemorating Jerusalem’s reunification in 1967. Sunday marks 49 years. Here are five prayers and meditations for and about Jerusalem, as well as some essays about my life here.
Prayers and Meditations
- Jerusalem: A Meditation
- Shabbat Settles on Jerusalem
- Mothers of Jerusalem
- Rules for Being Me in Jerusalem
- The Road Out
- Choppers Over Jerusalem
- In the Cardo, Psalm 121
- Last Night In the Arab Shuk, or Why I Hate this War
- Lost and Found on the Way to the Kotel
- Shabbat Dinner with a Stranger
- 36 Prayed with Jerusalem
- My Message to the Man Who Attacked Me at the Kotel
© 2016 Alden Solovy and tobendlight.com. All rights reserved.
Postscript: Here’s a link to more prayers for Israel.
Please consider making a contribution to support this site and my writing. For usage guidelines and reprint permissions, see “Share the Prayer!” For notices of new prayers, please subscribe. You can also connect on Facebook and Twitter.
Photo Source: Alden Solovy