Please use these prayers. Share these gifts. Spread the word.
Use These Prayers (Permissions)
For prayers identified as “© 2017 CCAR Press from This Grateful Heart: Psalms and Prayers for a New Day,” “© 2019 CCAR Press from This Joyous Soul: A New Voice for Anciet Yearnings,” or “© 2021 CCAR Press from This Precious Life: Encountering the Divine with Poetry and Prayer“: All uses require permission from CCAR Press. Please email the Press Operations Manager, Deborah Smilow, at email@example.com.
For other pieces that appear on this site: Permission is granted to print one copy of each prayer in its entirety without modification, including the copyright line, for personal use or to be read aloud in communal worship. Permission is granted to post a prayer once in its entirety without modification to a blog, website or Facebook page, including this copyright line: “© 2021 Alden Solovy and www.tobendlight.com. All rights reserved.” Printing multiple copies, duplication in any other form or any other use not mentioned here requires expressed written permission.
For short stories: Short stories may not be reprinted or used in any manner without expressed written permission.
Questions? Contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Help Share the Prayer
Here’s my request, the gift you can give me. Help me share the prayer:
- Post links to www.tobendlight.com to your Facebook or other social media accounts. Say a kind word. Encourage your friends to visit.
- Join the “To Bend Light” fan page on on Facebook and suggest it to your friends.
- Follow me on Twitter and suggest it to your friends.
- Mention this site in your blog. Add a link. Feature the blog in your blogroll.
- Write about this site (with the url) in your synagogue, chavurah, prayer circle or meditation group’s bulletin, newsletter, website, listserv, etc.
- Link this site to your synagogue, chavurah, prayer circle or meditation group’s website home page.
- Send an email about this site to all of your friends. Include a link to this site.
Please do as much of this as you’re able and comfortable doing. It’s my request that the more you use these prayers, the more you’ll do to help spread the words. I appreciate every effort.
Two more ideas for you to get involved:
- Post comments. What moved you? What missed the mark? Do these prayers remind you of other prayers? Other poems? Other authors? Which ones and why? How and when are you using them?
- Share your ideas. Do you have ideas for prayers that need to be written? Contact me via email.
Thanks for your interest and efforts.