Here are links to prayers that would make lovely additions to your Thanksgiving Day, including one-line excerpts and brief descriptions. Click on the title to read and listen to the entire prayer:
- Giving Thanks – “To whom shall I give this grateful heart, this joy that shines through the center of my being?” A reminder to live with gratitude and love.
- Meditation at the Thanksgiving Table – “Let us remember those in need.”
- A Moment of Blessing – “This is a moment of blessing. Blessings given. Blessings received…” Right here, this very moment, blessings abound.
- This Bounty – “In gratitude for these gifts, Holy One, Bless me with wisdom to use them with skill…” A prayer of thanksgiving.
- An Amazing Life – “This is an amazing life, a river of blessings, a gift to cherish in awe and wonder.” A prayer of gratitude for this amazing life.
- Harvest Prayer – “The yield arrives full and ripe, plump and ready, bursting in flavor, brimming with gifts…” In thanks and praise for the gifts of the land.
- For Autumn – “G-d of time and space, may this season be a blessing and a teacher…” A prayer for the season.
- Life as a Banquet – “Grant me the grace to live my life as a banquet, a river of abundance and blessing…” The banquet of your life is full. Share your gifts.
Share the Thanksgiving! If you like a prayer, email a link to a friend. Or post a link to your Facebook page, to your blog or as part of a tweet. And don’t forget to click “like” on this page and to subscribe. For reprint permissions, see “Share the Prayer!”