Here’s a list of prayers for Sukkot with brief descriptions, divided by topics: joy, harvest season and Sukkah: physical home, spiritual home. To read a prayer, click on the link after the description. Here are prayers for Simchat Torah.
Sukkot is z’man simchateinu, the time of our rejoicing:
- Rejoice! – A prayer/poem about embodying joy.
- For Joy – How do we find joy in the face of crushing loss? By asking G-d for help.
- Let Joy – Awake to the joy around you!
Prayers of thanks for G-d’s gifts:
- For Autumn – A prayer for the new season.
- Harvest Prayer – For the gifts of the land.
- This Bounty – A prayer of thanksgiving.
- Life as a Banquet – The banquet of your life is full. Rejoice in the blessings.
- Life as a Garden – Tending to the beauty of my own heart and soul.
Sukkah: Physical Home, Spiritual Home
Prayers about the meaning of home:
- The Season of Building – Tents of holiness, shelters of peace.
- Dwelling Place – A sense of home and peace.
- Beauty Dances – Beauty dances, love sings and peace cries for Sukkat Shalom.
- The Way Home – The journey back home.
- Israel: A Meditation – Israel, our people, our nation, our home.
Click here for the full list of prayers for the Yamim Noraim. Here’s a focused list of prayers for Elul, another one of prayers for Rosh Hashana, a list of prayers for Yom Kippur and one more for Sukkot. And here’s a link to yizkor and memorial prayers.
For notices of new prayers posted here, please subscribe or join the To Bend Light fan page on Facebook.