×××¨ ××Ş××× ××××
This isÂ a list of prayers and stories for Yom Kippur, divided by topics: Vidui (confession), Neilah (closing service),Â living in holiness, time and death and mourning. Here are several additionalÂ lists of prayers for Elul, prayers for Rosh Hashana and prayers for Sukkot. And hereâs a link to yizkor and memorial prayers.
- Meditation Before the Yom Kippur Vidui â On preparing the heart and the mind forÂ a thorough and honest confession.
- Meditation After the Yom Kippur Vidui â Living differently as a result ofÂ a heartfelt confession.
- The Greatest SinÂ â Carelessly allowing the conditions for sin to take root.
- Cry No More â This is the day G-d made toÂ relieve your sorrow.
- Repentance Inside â To leave my transgressions behind.
- Regarding Old Wounds â Are you willingÂ to take your most crushing losses and turn them into a well of strength and love?
Neilah (Closing Service)
- At the Gates â At the gates of prayer, repentance and charity.
- Meditation Before Neilah â What have I left to say to G-d?
- The Entry to Our HeartsÂ â A cry for hope and healing.
Living in Holiness
These prayers and meditations examine living a life of holiness, focusing on attributes (like humility) and practices (listening for G-dâs voice, doing G-dâs will):
- For Wonder and AweÂ â To put aside vain pursuits and seek G-d.
- The Path ofÂ Righteousness â The path is paved with questions.
- G-dâs Plan: AnÂ Introspection â Surrendering to G-dâs will.
- Let Holiness – A prayer to embody holiness.
- The Season of Healing â HealingÂ our souls and our lives.
- The Season of Return â Preparing for tâshuva, returning to G-d.
Death and Mourning
For an annotated list of Memorial and Yizkor prayers, click here. Here are three prayers about preparing for death:
- Near the End: AÂ Meditation â On preparing for the journey of deathÂ with grace and dignity.
- Remember â WhateverÂ our fears, this is a call back to our deepest sense of peace andÂ well-being.
- Things Break â EachÂ day we face the flow of endings and beginnings. G-dâs love remains.
âCantor Cohenâ is a Yom Kippur story of a Chazzan preparing to lead his congregation in prayer, repentance and righteousness.
Click here for the full list of prayers for the Yamim Noraim. Here are focused lists of prayers for Elul, Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Sukkot and Simchat Torah. And hereâs a link to yizkor and memorial prayers.
Please consider making aÂ contributionÂ to support this site and my writing.Â For usage guidelines and reprint permissions, see âShare the Prayer!â For notices of new prayers, please subscribe. You can also connect onÂ FacebookÂ andÂ Twitter.