גמר חתימה טובה
This is a list of prayers and stories for Yom Kippur, divided by topics: Vidui (confession), Neilah (closing service), living in holiness, time and death and mourning. Here are several additional lists of prayers for Elul, prayers for Rosh Hashana and prayers for Sukkot. And here’s a link to yizkor and memorial prayers.
- Meditation Before the Yom Kippur Vidui – On preparing the heart and the mind for a thorough and honest confession.
- Meditation After the Yom Kippur Vidui – Living differently as a result of a heartfelt confession.
- Cry No More – This is the day G-d made to relieve your sorrow.
- Repentance Inside – To leave my transgressions behind.
- Regarding Old Wounds – Are you ready to take your most crushing losses and turn them into a deep well of strength and love?
Neilah (Closing Service)
- At the Gates – The gates of repentence and charity are all around.
- Meditation before Neilah – What have I left to say to G-d?
Living in Holiness
These prayers and meditations examine living a life of holiness, focusing on attributes (like humility) and practices (listening for G-d’s voice, doing G-d’s will):
- For Wonder and Awe – To put aside vain pursuits and seek G-d.
- The Path of Righteousness – The path is paved with questions.
- G-d’s Plan: An Introspection – Surrendering to G-d’s will.
- Let Holiness – A prayer to embody holiness.
- The Season of Healing – Healing our souls and our lives.
- The Season of Return – Preparing for t’shuva, returning to G-d.
Death and Mourning
For an annotated list of Memorial and Yizkor prayers, click here. Here are three prayers about preparing for death:
- Near the End: A Meditation – On preparing for the journey of death with grace and dignity.
- Remember – Whatever our fears, this is a call back to our deepest sense of peace and well-being.
- Things Break – Each day we face the flow of endings and beginnings. G-d’s love remains.
“Cantor Cohen” is a Yom Kippur story of a Chazzan preparing to lead his congregation in prayer, repentance and righteousness.
Click here for the full list of prayers for the Yamim Noraim. Here are focused lists of prayers for Elul, Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Sukkot and Simchat Torah. And here’s a link to yizkor and memorial prayers.